Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

We went to Louisiana to visit our family for Thanksgiving. We had a great time. The kids really enjoyed seeing their cousins for the holiday. They wanted us to stay until Saturday to let my kids go skating with the other cousins but I just could not do it. I am really a homebody and like routine so we headed back home this afternoon after the kids got up from their naps.
On Thursday, my oldest turned 6 years old so he had a Turkey Day Birthday. My little cousin's daughter turned 8 on Wednesday so we did something for them together after our Thanksgiving lunch. They both had a great time. Unfortunately I left my camera at my sister's and was too far out to turn around to go back and get it. She is coming to the kids' dedication at church on Sunday so she will bring it with her then. I had a few pictures on my phone though.
Good morning birthday boy.
cupcake cake - because I don't believe in someone spitting on their food and everyone eating eat.




 




My handsome birthday pirate.

Everyone had a great time. Because all of the sales started on that evening, we had our meal at 12:30. After lunch we went to my sister's house. I was not thinking because I should have taken some leftovers to my sisters for the kids to eat later. Well around 6 PM I get the bright idea to go out and find something for my kids to eat. It was not until I was stuck in traffic and nothing was open that I realized remembered that it was Thanksgiving. So the 2nd bright idea of the night - run into Walmart "really quick" and grab some corn dogs. This thought was more hilarious than the first. There was no running into walmart. As a matter of fact I couldn't get in walmart at all. I have never in my life seen so many vehicles or people in one place. Since I was stuck I decided to see what all the hype was about. I think I got the best deal of everyone in there. I found the alphabet, shape, and number mats for $12 each. I was about to spend $20 apiece for each of these. What awesome savings. I also grabbed a Hi Ho Cherryo game for $3.88 and a combo spin art and pottery maker for $9.99. I thought I did great considering I was stuck in line for 45 minutes to pay for it.
When we got home I opened up the mats even though it was already after 8. Zi and Niya really enjoyed them more than I anticipated. I let them put them where they wanted and when they were done they danced on them, hopped on them, turned flips on them and just had a splendid time. Well I decided to take out all of the centers and let them race to put them back in. It was a challenge.

 
 
I watched them walk around the spot they were looking for several times and it was tempting to tell them where it was, but watching them successfully match each shape was worth the wait - to me and them.

They were very pleased with themselves. They worked hard. And I admit it was a ploy on my part to keep them up late in hopes that I may just hopefully will get to sleep in late. They went to bed at 10. If they get up at 6 like normal people will hear me scream all the way to the North Pole.
I think the mats were a hit and will be taken out quite often. It will also be an easy way to teach them hopscotch.






 



No comments:

Post a Comment